Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Cucumber Kimchi / 黄瓜泡菜/(오이소박이)
When mention about kimchi, you may think about the Chinese cabbage kimchi. In fact, there are many kinds of kimchi in Korea. Today, I am going to share with you about the cucumber kimchi, Korean like to eat it in summer.
(This recipe is written in Chinese & English )
黄瓜 6 条 （ 选那些瓜身结实， 瓜身不太粗的）
粗盐， 1/3 杯
韭菜 1/2 把 （ 约 500 - 600g，切段状，约 4 cm 长）
青葱 1/2 把 （ 约 500 - 600g，切段状，约 4 cm 长）
辣椒粉 1/3 杯
蒜蓉 4 Tsp
姜蓉 2 tsp
糯米胡 1/2 杯
韩式江鱼子露 4 Tsp ( 멸치액젓 / Anchovy sauce )
2） 将黄瓜切成 3 段，在每一段的上端往下切成十字形，要小心，别将黄瓜切断，留约 1.5cm-2cm
5） 黄瓜比大白菜泡菜容易变酸，因此无需放在室温等到发酵，直接放入冰箱保存。1，2 天后才吃，会更好吃
cucumbers 6 pieces ( choose those cucumbers which are thin & uncurved )
coarse salt, 1/3 cup
leek 1/2 bundle ( about 500 to 600 g, cut it into about 4 cm long )
spring onion 1/2 bundle ( about 500 to 600g, cut it into about 4 cm long )
red pepper powder 1/3 cup
garlic 4 Tsp, minced
ginger 2 tsp, minced
glutinous rice paste 1/2 cup
Korean anchovy sauce 4 Tsp, we call it "멸치액젓"
sugar , to taste
1. Wash the cucumber, put the cucumber in the salted hot water,blanch it for a while, take it out immediately, put in the cold water,rinse and drain. Please don't put in the hot water for too long period.
2. Cut each of the cucumber into 3 parts, about 5 to 6 cm long, make cross cuts in the middle. Please be careful, don't break it, must leave about 1.5cm to 2cm long.
3. Sprinkle coarse salt on the cucumber, after 30 minutes, rinse and drain (please don't sprinkle too much salt, it will be very salty)
4. Mix all the seasoning ingredients, put it in the cross cuts made in step (2). If still left some ingredients ,put the remaining ingredients on the surface of the cucumbers, place it in the container.
5. Cucumber kimchi, it takes shorter time for fermenting, therefore, it is not necessary to put it in the room under room temperature, put it in the refrigerator immediately after making it. Eat it after 1 or 2 days, it will be more delicious.