Banana Pound Cake/香蕉蛋糕/바나나 Pound Cake Bakery
Use the banana to bake a cake instead of just eating it as a fruit....
Bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B6, soluble fiber, and contain moderate amounts of vitamin C, manganese and potassium. Along with other fruits and vegetables, consumption of bananas may be associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer and in women, breast cancer and renal cell carcinoma. Banana ingestion may affect dopamine production in people deficient in the amino acid tyrosine, a dopamine precursor present in bananas. Individuals with a latex allergy may experience a reaction to bananas
Bananas are eaten deep fried, baked in their skin in a split bamboo, or steamed in glutinous rice wrapped in a banana leaf. Bananas can be made into jam. Banana pancakes are popular amongst backpackers and other travelers in South Asia and Southeast Asia. This has elicited the expression Banana Pancake Trail for those places in Asia that cater to this group of travelers. Banana chips are a snack produced from sliced dehydrated or fried banana or plantain, which have a dark brown color and an intense banana taste. Dried bananas are also ground to make banana flour. Extracting juice is difficult, because when a banana is compressed, it simply turns to pulp. Bananas feature prominently in Philippine cuisine, being part of traditional dishes and desserts like maruya, turrón, and halo-halo. Most of these dishes use the Saba or Cardaba banana cultivar. Pisang goreng, bananas fried with batter similar to the Filipino maruya, is a popular dessert in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. A similar dish is known in the United States as banana fritters.
Plantains are used in various stews and curries or cooked, baked or mashed in much the same way as potatoes.
Seeded bananas (Musa balbisiana), one of the forerunners of the common domesticated banana, are sold in markets in Indonesia.
此外，一項在2009年由香港中文大學進行的體外實驗發現，美國地捫香蕉含有的一種「凝集素」(lectin)，可促進可殺死癌细胞的「腫瘤壞死因子」(tumor necrosis factor-alpha, TNF-α)及調節免疫力的「介白質-2」(interleukin-2)和「干擾素伽瑪」(interferon-gamma)的產生，並能抑制白血病細胞株(L1210)及人類肝癌細胞株(HepG2)的增生。
(source : wikipedia)
cake flour l.5 cups
sugar 90 g
grape seeds oil / olive oil or vegetable oil 100 g
baking powder 1 tsp
raisin 60 g
walnut 60 g
banana 2 or 3 pieces
1. Sift the flour, baking powder. Set aside.
2. Chopped the walnut into small pieces.
3. Use the fork to smash the banana.
4. Prepare a waxed paper lined rectangle cake pan.
5. Preheat the oven for 180 degree C.
6. With electric blender on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy, add in the grape seeds oil.
7. Add in the raisin, walnut and smashed banana, mix well.
8. Fold in sifted flour gently, stir until evenly mixed.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Put the cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.