Oyster Soup / 蚝汤/굴국 Soup And Stew
In Korea, oyster is crowned as " Milk from the sea". Today, I cook it with the radish...
Oysters are an excellent source of zinc, iron, calcium, selenium as well as Vitamin A and Vitamin B12. Oysters are low in food energy
Oysters can be eaten on the half shell, raw, smoked, boiled, baked, fried, roasted, stewed, canned, pickled, steamed, broiled .
( source: wikipedia)
radish 250 g
oysters 500 g
dried anchovies 6 pieces
kelp ,one piece, about 5 x 6 cm
water 1000 ml
salt, to taste
chopped green onion 1 tsp
a pinch of red pepper powder and pepper
1. Wash the oysters and set aside.
2. Cut the radish into 3 cm cubes, 0.5cm thick.
3. To prepare the broth, pour the water in a cooking pot, add in the dried anchovy and kelp, boil for about 20 minutes with medium heat.
4. After 20 minutes, remove the dried anchovies, kelp from the broth.
5. Add in the radish, keep on boiling until the radish becomes soft.
6. Add in oysters and cook till well done. While the soap is boiling, add in salt, it depends on your taste.
7. Pour the soup into a soup bowl, sprinkle spring onion and dust with red pepper powder and pepper.
8. Serve hot.