Thursday, August 7, 2014
"Cheong-guk-jang Ji Gae"/ 清国酱汤/청국장찌개
Dear friends, have you ever heard about the "Cheong-guk-jang" ? Let me tell you more about it...
亲爱的朋友们，您可曾听说过 “清国酱”/ "Cheong-guk-jang" ? 让我来与您分享。。
Cheonggukjang (Korean pronunciation: [tɕʰʌŋɡuktɕ͈aŋ]) is a fermented soybean paste used in Korean cuisine. It contains whole as well as ground soybeans.
Cheonggukjang is generally considered to be a healthy food (particularly in the winter), as it is rich in vitamins and other nutrients, though its very strong odor is not universally enjoyed. Some people have commented that this soup gives off the aroma of wet socks. Doenjang may be used to replace it by people who dislike its smell.
Cheonggukjang is also believed to aid in digestion. For this purpose, cheonggukjang pills are produced in South Korea.
It can be made in 2 to 3 days through fermentation of boiled soybeans, adding Bacillus subtilis, which is usually contained in the air or in the rice straw at about 40 °C without adding salt, compared with the much longer fermentation period required for doenjang, another, less pungent variety of Korean soybean paste. Like many forms of doenjang, cheonggukjang is paste-like in texture, but also includes some whole, uncrushed soybeans.
Cheonggukjang may also be made by fermenting boiled soybeans in a warm place, pounding a portion of them, and adding salt and red chili powder.
(source : wikipedia )
"cheong-guk-jang" 300 g
tofu 200 g
old fermented kimchi 250 g
mushroom 60 g
2 pieces of green peppers
"rice water " ( wash the rice, throw away the water after you have washed the rice for the first time, wash it again, and keep the water for boiling the broth ) 5 cups ( paper cups)
anchovies 12 pieces ( in Korea, we have anchovies for boiling the broth )
minced garlic 1 Tsp
red pepper paste 15 g
red pepper powder 1/2 Tsp
1. Cut the tofu, kimch into bite size.
2. Slice the mushrooms, green pepper.
3. In a cooking pot, pour in 5 cups of " rice water" and boil it. When it starts to boil, add in the anchovies, boil it for about 8 minutes, remove the anchovies from the broth.
4. Add in kimchi, red pepper paste, red pepper powder and boil it for about 5 minutes.
5. Add in the "Cheong-guk-jang", tofu, mushroom, green pepper, minced garlic in the broth and boil it for about 6 -7 minutes or till well done.
6. Serve hot.
“cheong-guk-jang" 300 g
豆腐 200 g
泡菜 250 g
蘑菇 60 g
“米水” （淘米后的水。去掉第一次淘米的水，再淘米的时候，留下米水，待用） 5纸 杯
江鱼子 12 只 （在韩国，有专用来煮上汤的江鱼子）
蒜蓉 1 Tsp
韩式辣椒酱 15 g
辣椒粉 1/2 Tsp
3. 在锅内倒入 5 杯的米水，煮沸后，加入江鱼子，煮约 8 分钟，取出江鱼子。
4. 加入泡菜，辣椒酱，辣椒粉， 煮 约 5 分钟。
5. 加入“cheong-guk-jang"，豆腐，蘑菇，青辣椒，蒜蓉，再煮 6-7 分钟 或入味。