Lotus Roots Pickle/脆泡莲藕片/연근피클 Vegetable
This is another dish by using lotus roots as the ingredient , " Lotus roots pickle"....The colour of the lotus roots pickle is pink colour....
Slice the lotus roots into thin pieces..
Blanch the sliced lotus roots in the boiling water for about 5 minutes..
将莲藕片浸泡在热水里约 5 分钟。。。
Boil all the ingredients for sauce....
Mix all the ingredients together （ when the sauce is not hot )
lotus roots 450 g
vinegar 1 Cup
sugar 1 cup
salt 1 tsp
water 2 cups
bay leaves / laurel leaves, a few pieces
sliced beetroot for colouring ( for me I use homemade raspberry juice)
for blanching the lotus roots : 2 cups of water & 2 Tsp of vinegar
1. Peel the skin of the lotus roots, wash it.
2. Slice the lotus roots into thin pieces.
3. Boil 2 cups of water, add in 2 Tsp vinegar , when it is boiling, blanch the sliced lotus roots for about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from boiling water and set aside.
5. Mix all the ingredients for sauce and boil it. Add in the sliced beetroots or raspberry juice for colouring. Set aside till it is not hot.
6. Put the sliced lotus roots in a mixing bowl and pour in the sauce.
7. Keep it in a container and place it in the refrigerator for one week before you eat.