Marinated Lotus roots with vinegar /糖醋醃渍莲藕/연근초절임 Vegetable
Lotus roots are commonly used in Korean cuisine, we do have Lotus tea,lotus pancake flour etc.
Lotus rootlets are often pickled with rice vinegar, sugar, chili and/or garlic. It has a crunchy texture with sweet-tangy flavours. In Asian cuisine, it is popular with salad, prawns, sesame oil and/or coriander leaves. Lotus roots have been found to be rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, copper, and manganese, while very low in saturated fat.
The stamens can be dried and made into a fragrant herbal tea called liánhuā cha (蓮花茶) in Chinese, or (particularly in Vietnam) used to impart a scent to tea leaves. This Vietnamese lotus tea is called trà sen, chè sen, or chè ướp sen. The lotus seeds or nuts (called liánzĭ, 蓮子; or xiān liánzĭ, 鲜莲子, in Chinese) are quite versatile, and can be eaten raw or dried and popped like popcorn, phool makhana. They can also be boiled until soft and made into a paste, or boiled with dried longans and rock sugar to make a tong sui (sweet soup). Combined with sugar, lotus seed paste becomes one of the most common ingredients used in pastries such as mooncakes, daifuku, and rice flour pudding
Slice the lotus roots into thin pieces..
Blanch the sliced lotus roots in a boiling water for 5 minutes...
将莲藕片放入热水中浸泡 5 分钟。。。
Sliced bell peppers,onion and lotus roots...
Mix the ingredients for sauce...
Mix all the ingredients together...
Keep it in the container and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before you serve it..
放入保鲜盒内，将它放入冰橱 ，约 1-2小时候才享用。。。
lotus roots 200 g
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
for boiling the lotus roots :
1 1/2 cups of water
2 Tsp of vinegar
vinegar 50 cc
Korean soy bean sauce 2 Tsp
sugar 2 Tsp
sesame oil 1 Tsp
roasted sesame seeds 1 1/2 Tsp
1. Peel the skin of the lotus roots, wash it.
2. Slice the lotus roots into thin pieces.
3. Slice the yellow bell pepper,red bell pepper and onion into thin pieces.
4. Boil 1 1/2 cups of water, add in 2 Tsp vinegar. When it is boiling, blanch the sliced lotus roots for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from boiling water and set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for sauce,yellow bell pepper,red bell pepper and onion,mix it well.
7. Keep it in the container and place it in the refrigerator for about 1 -2 hours before you serve it.( I strongly recommend that keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days before you eat it, the taste will be more better)