In Korea, we do use the marinated beef to fry with the Korean red pepper paste, we call it " 약고추장 ( Yak-gochuljiang). Generally, we will eat it together with the lettuce , we call it "상추 ( sang-chul) and rice . There are many types of lettuces, but in Korea, when we eat the Korean food, Flashy Butter Oak , Sanguine Ameliore & Bijou lettuces are our preference. You can see them from the following pictures..
ground beef 200g
Korean red pepper paste 5 Tsp
garlic 1 Tsp
Chinese plum syrup (매실청) 1 Tsp ( If you can't get it, you may use corn syrup)
corn syrup 1 Tsp
sesame oil 1 Tsp
"Cheong -ju" (청주, is a Korean wine, if you can't get it, you may use "so-ju" or plum wine)
white pepper 1/4 tsp
roasted sesame seeds 1 1/2 Tsp
walnuts 100g ( cut it into small cube size)
1 Tsp oil for frying
1. Marinate the ground beef with "cheong-ju" and pepper
2. In a bowl, mix the red pepper paste,Chinese plum syrup,corn syrup,sesame oil,"cheong-ju". Set aside.
3. Heat fry pan, add in garlic, fry it for about 2-3 minutes, add in the marinated beef;fry beef till well done.
3. Pour sauce ingredients in the fry pan, stir -fry the beef with low heat, let it sizzle until the liquid evaporates.
4. Remove from heat and add in sesame seeds and walnuts
Lettuce ( Lactuca sativa) is a temperate annual or biennial plant of the aster or sunflower family Asteraceae. It is most often grown as leaf vegetable, but also sometimes for its stem and seeds. Lettuce was first grown by the Egyptians, who turned it from a weed seeds were used to make oil into a plant grown for its leaves.
There are several types of lettuce: ( sauce from wikipedia)