Wednesday, March 28, 2012
包子/Bun/왕만두( Wang Mandu)
Korean like to eat "만두 (Mandu),especially in winter. It is served while it is still hot. This big size of" mandu" is called "왕마두 (Wang Mandu, king size mandu ). The filling of the "mandu" is either the red bean paste or pork,chives and other ingredients.
Ingredients for the skin:
bread flour 80g
cake flour 270g
baking powder 6g
olive oil or vegetable oil 20g
lukewarm water 180g
Ingredients for the filling:
garlic, chopped 1/2 Tsp
onion, chopped 50g
shrimp, ground, 50g
pork or beef,ground, 300g
pepper, 1/2 tsp
oyster sauce 1 Tsp
sesame oil, 1 Tsp
salt, to taste
P/s: if you want to make the" red bean mandu", divide the red bean paste into 40g each.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the filling, set aside.
2. Mix yeast with lukewarm water, set aside for 5 min.
3. Add the baking powder to the flour, sift together. Mix the yeast mixture,sugar,salt and oil together. Knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover dough with a damp cloth and let it rest in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until it double in size.
5. Punch out the air.
6. Divide the dough into 50g each and shape into balls and rest for 15 min.
7. Flatten and roll out the dough, spoon in the filling onto the centre of the dough, pleat up the sides and seal.
8. Place the" mandu "onto a piece of greaseproof paper individually, let rest for another 30 min.
9. While you are making the "mandu", boil a pot of boiling water. Put the "mandu" on the steamer and steam on high heat for about 10 min.
10. Remove the "mandu" from the steamer, serve it while it is still hot.