Friday, March 2, 2012
泡菜炒饭/Kimchi Fried Rice/김치볶음밥
Kimchi Fried Rice is the most popular fried rice in Korea, almost all the Korean like Kimchi Fried Rice. Previously, when I introduced Kimchi Soup (Kimchi Jigae), I mentioned that Korean will not use the newly made kimchi for cooking Kimchi Jigae; similarly, Korean also use the "old kimchi" or fermented kimchi to fry the Kimchi Fired Rice. Korean also like to use Perilla Oil to fry kimchi fried rice, the taste will be better. .....
Perilla Oil is obtained from the seeds of herbs of the genus Perilla. In Korea, it is used for marinating vegetable dish, coating grilled Korean laver..........
( This recipe is written in Chinese & English )
罐头 tuna 100g
紫苏油 （Perilla Oil/ 들기름，在韩国超市都可买到）45ml ； 若没有可用麻油或食用油代替
韩式辣椒酱 1 Tsp
4. 在镬中倒入15ml紫苏油，油热后，先将洋葱炒软；再加入 30ml的紫苏油，放入泡菜和辣椒
cooked rice 450g
luncheon meat or sausage 100g
canned tuna 100g
onion 1/2 piece
perilla oil (들기름, is available at the Korean supermarket) 45ml; can use sesame oil or vegetable oil to
chopped green onion
Korean red pepper paste 1 Tsp
1. Chopped the kimchi and onion.
2. Cut the luncheon meat into small cube size.
3. Fry egg, set aside.
4. Pour 15ml perilla oil in the fry pan, heat it, fry the chopped onion till soft; add in another 35ml perilla oil,
add in chopped kimchi and red pepper paste, fry together; mix it well; add in rice, stir and fry, till the rice
and kimchi mixed well, finally, add in tuna and luncheon meat, stir and fry, mix well, till the rice absorb all
5. Put the kimchi fried rice on the plate and put the fried egg on top of it, garnish with chopped green