Saturday, May 5, 2012
Abalone have long been a valuable food source for humans, traditionally it is considered a luxury item. However, the availability of commercially farmed abalone has allowed more common consumption in Korea.
10 medium abalones
1/2 onion,coarsely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tsp soy bean sauce
3 Tsp Korean white wine ( 청주)
1 corn syrup
1. Remove the abalones from the shell , cut away the intestines of the abalones. Wash and drain the shell & abalones.
2. Using the tip of the knife, score the surface of the body diagonally in a diamond pattern.
3. Heat the fry pan, add in little oil & pinch of salt for frying the ginkgo for 2-3 minutes.
4. Put the chopped onion, minced garlic, soy bean sauce, wine and corn syrup in a cooking pot, boil it.
5. Heat oil in another fry pan. Fry the abalones,sprinkle a pinch of pepper powder , fry it for about 2 minutes.
6. Put the fried abalones in the boiling sauce and simmer over medium heat.
7. Place the abalones on the shells again and garnish with ginkgo , red & yellow bell pepper