Monday, May 14, 2012

Garlic/마늘/蒜头


In Korea, May & June are the harvest season for garlic. Yesterday, I bought these garlic from the market.  Normally,  the farmers will tie it into one bundle, each has 50 bulbs. Korean use only  those newly harvested garlic for making pickled garlic. Therefore, now is the busy season for me to peel the skin of the garlic in order to make pickled garlic, which I will consume for one year.................................................................................


                              
The garlic is very fresh. If each bulb has  5 cloves, if I buy 300  bulbs or more, then, I will
peel more than 1500 cloves, it really take time to do ....

                                      
 The flower head of the garlic.
In Korea, heads of garlic are fermented at high temperature; the resulting product, called
" black garlic 흑미늘/黑蒜头“, is sweet and syrupy.


No comments: