Place the streusel and pineapple on the batter before putting in the oven for baking.
(A) For the batter :
salt 1/8 tsp
rum 1 Tsp ( optional)
baking flour 250g
baking powder 3tsp
sliced pineapple 800g
(B) For the streusel :
baking flour 150g
1. Preheat the oven for 180 degree C.
2. Sift together the baking flour, baking powder, set aside.
3. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add in baking flour, salt and rum.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
7. Using your hands, press the crumbs ( streusel) together to form small lump, one by one, and place the lump over the unbaked cake. ( Please refer to the following method for making streusel )
8. Place the sliced pineapple evenly over the top of the streusel.
9. Bake in preheated oven 180 degree C for approximate 30 minutes
Method for preparing streusel :
1. Stir sugar, butter, flour until crumbly, using a fork or pastry cutter until crumbs begin to form.