Wednesday, December 14, 2011
红豆沙面包 (단팥빵)/Red Bean Bread
If you are the Korean drama fan, I believe that you have watched this drama " Bread King, Kim Tak Gu". The bread that he made was on "hot sale" while the drama was broadcasted.
( This recipe is written in Chinese & English )
蛋 2 粒
黄油/牛油（butter） 30g （ 我个人喜欢用橄榄油或葡萄籽油代替牛油）
红豆沙 约 500g
1. 将所有的以上材料放入面包机内搅拌。我家的面包机，大约在1个小时27分后，会发出声响；这时候从面包机内取出面团，放在桌面上揉至面团光滑，排除掉面团内的气体。将面团每个分割成 50g，置在一旁，待发酵 10-15分钟，这是第一回合的发酵
3. 将以上已成型后的面包团，再发酵约 20-30 分钟
4.以 180 度C,预热烤箱 5分钟，然后才放入烤箱烘，须约20-25分钟
Bread flour 500g
salt l tsp
dried yeast 2 tsp
fresh milk 85ml
butter 30g ( For me, I like to use olive oil or grape seed oil to substitute butter)
Ingredients for filling:
red bean paste 500g
Method : ( This method is for those people without having a bread machine)
1. Divide the red bean paste into 30g each, shape into balls, set aside.
2. Sift the bread flour, mix the sifted flour,sugar,salt,dried yeast,egg in a big bowl. Mix till well blended. Add fresh milk and knead to form a dough.
3. Add in the butter and knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Divide the dough into 50g portions, shape into balls and leave them to rest for one and half hours or till double in volume, please cover the dough with a damp cloth.
5. Punch out the air,flatten the dough and fill it with the red bean paste, shape it back into a ball , use your palm to press the ball lightly, use the spatulas to cut it for 6 portions as the picture shown above.
6. Garnish it with a walnut and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven for 5 mins to 180 degree C.
8.. Bake at 180 degree C for 15 minutes or till they become golden brown. Once baked,remove from the oven and let cool completely.