Sunday, December 18, 2011
Chuncheon Dal Galbi/春川辣酱鸡排/춘천닭갈비
If you go to the Korean restaurant for having "Chuncheon Dak Galbi", after having the dish, the waitress will fry the rice on the pan with the gravy left,laver ("kim"),perilla leaves,sesame oil, is very delicious..
Dak galbi, also romanized dalk galbi, is a popular South Korean dish generally made by stir-frying marinated diced chicken in a gochujang (chili pepper paste) based sauce, and sliced cabbage, sweet potato, scallions, onions and tteok (rice cake) together on a hot plate. It is a local specialty food for the city of Chuncheon, Gangwon Province, where dak galbi originates. Because of its origin, the dish is also called Chuncheon dak galbi.
It is said that dak galbi appeared after the late 1960s as an inexpensive anju (food that is eaten while drinking) in small taverns, on the outskirts of the city to replace the comparatively expensive gui dishes which are grilled over charcoal. The dish has spread to the main districts of Chuncheon, where the livestock industry thrives and offers fresh ingredients with no need for refrigeration. There is a street known as dak galbi golmok (dak galbi alley) which has a high concentration of dak galbi restaurants. Due to the city's northern location, it is a common destination for conscripted soldiers on leave.
Despite the fact that its name means chicken ribs, there is no rib meat in dak galbi.
The city of Chuncheon has held an annual autumn festival dedicated to dak galbi since 2005
chicken 1 ea
leek/ green onion 1 ea
sweet potatoes 1 ea
perilla leaves 5 ea
onion 1/2 ea
carrot 1/3 ea
Korean red pepper paste 3 Tsp
red pepper powder 1 Tsp
soy bean sauce 1 Tsp
corn syrup 3 Tsp
rice wine 1 1/2 Tsp
minced garlic 1 tsp
ginger juice 1 tsp
sesame oil 1 Tsp
roasted sesame seeds 1 tsp
pepper 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and marinate it with ginger juice and pepper.
2. Slice the onion,carrot,leek/spring onion,cabbage,sweet potatoes,perilla leaves into pieces.
3. Mix the red pepper paste,red pepper powder,soy bean sauce,corn syrup,rice wine,minced garlic,sesame oil,sesame seeds in a bowl.
4. Marinate the chicken with the seasoning sauces for about 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Add in the carrot,sweet potaotes,leek/spring onion,onion,perilla leaves to the marinated chicken and cook it till well done.
6. Serve hot.