Custard Cream Bread/ Custard 酱面包/ Custard 크림빵 Bakery
Bake the bread with the custard cream, the taste is good，soft and creamy...
烘焙 custard 酱面包，味道还可真不错，柔软润滑的酱。。。
A custard cream is a type of biscuit popular in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and Ireland. Its structure is that of a sandwich, with a fondant centre between two flat biscuit layers. The filling tastes of vanilla and as such is more akin to the taste of custard made with custard powder than egg custard. It is believed that the custard cream biscuit originated in 1908. They usually have an elaborate baroque design stamped onto them, originating in the Victorian era and representing ferns
( source : wikipedia )
bread flour 500 g
milk powder 2 Tsp
yeast 2 tsp
salt 1 tsp
sugar 50 g
fresh milk or lukewarm water 200 ml
Butter 120 g ( for me, I used grape oil 120 g)
Custard cream : fresh milk 500 g
corn starch 10 g
sugar 100 g
flour 40 g
vanilla essence 1/2 tsp ( optional )
Method for making custard cream :
1. Mix the sugar, yolk,flour,corn starch and milk well.
2. Sift the mixture before boiling it, then, the cream will be very soft. Continue to whisk. Whisking it thoroughly, continue to whisk on low heat.
3. Chill it in the fridge.
Egg wash ( for brushing the surface of the bread):
1 yolk , milk 1 Tsp
1. Mix (A) till well blended.
2. Add(B) and knead to form a dough.
3. Mix (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover dough with a damp cloth. Let it proves for 1 hr 30 minutes or till it doubles in size.
5. Punch out the air.
6. Divide the dough into small portions, 60 g each and let it rests for 15 min.
7. Flatten and roll out the dough to become round dough respectively.
8. Put the custard cream on the surface of the dough and pleat up the sides and seal. Brush with egg wash.
9. Rest for another 30 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven for 5 min.
11. Bake for 15-20 min or till golden brown colour, at 180 degree C.
12. Remove from the oven.
P/s: If you have the bread machine, then put all the ingredients in the machine at the same time. In case for my machine, it will take 1 hr & 23 min to process.Once you take out the dough from the machine, start from the process no (5)