Fruit Tart/水果撻/괴일타트 Bakery
Occasionally, I will bake the tart shells and keep in the fridge. Then, we can eat it whenever we want...just need to spread the custard cream and garnish with fruits...
偶尔，我会烘焙一些撻，存放在冰箱里， 随时都可享用，只需塗上 custard 酱和放入水果。。。
A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pastry base with an open top not covered with pastry. The pastry is usually shortcrust pastry; the filling may be sweet or savoury, though modern tarts are usually fruit-based, sometimes with custard. Tartlet refers to a miniature tart.
The categories of 'tart', 'flan', and 'pie' overlap, with no sharp distinctions, though 'pie' is the more common term in the United States. The French word tarte can be translated to mean either pie or tart, as both are mainly the same with the exception of a pie usually covering the filling in pastry, while flans and tarts leave it open.
Early medieval tarts generally had meat fillings, but later ones were often based on fruit and custard.
Tarte Tatin is an upside-down tart, of apples, other fruit, or onions.
Savoury tarts include quiche, a family of savoury tarts with a mostly custard filling; German Zwiebelkuchen 'onion tart', and Swiss cheese tart made from Gruyere.
( source : wikipedia)
Ingredients for the pastry:
flour 450 g
butter 250 g
sugar 120 g
kiwi,peach ( or any other kinds of fruits , it depends on your preference)
1. Sift the flour twice.
2. Put butter, sugar and egg in mixer and beat until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add flour, mix until soft dough forms.
4. Place in plastic wrap, chill for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
6. Remove the dough from fridge.
7. Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour. Flatten the dough gently, sprinkle the top with flour too, then use a rolling pin to roll out. Roll from center to edge, in all directions.
8. Use the round cutter to cut out the pastry, loosen the pastry from the work surface with a pallet knife, lay it into the muffin pan.
9. Press the dough evenly to form tart shell, use floured fingers to press each tart shell into shape in muffin pan.
10. Cut of the excess ( if any) with a knife .
11. Pre-bake the tart shell, prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
12. Bake until light golden brown.
13. Place muffin pan on cooling rack.
14. Cool completely, pop out of muffin pan.
15. Before serving, spread one layer of custard cream across the baked pastry and garnish with kiwi and peach. ( You may also spread one layer of whipped cream or other kinds of fruits )
Ingredients for custard cream :
fresh milk 500 ml
corn starch 10 g
sugar 100 g
flour 40 g
1. Mix the sugar,egg yolk,flour,corn starch and milk well.
2. Sift the mixture before boiling it,then, the cream will be very soft. Continue to whisk, whisking thoroughly, continue to whisk on a low heat.
3. Chill it in the fridge .