"Godeungeo-jorim" Braised mackerel with radish in red pepper paste/辣酱烩鲭鱼/고등어조림 Seafood
Radish is a very good ingredient for using it to braise the mackerel...
Mackerel typically have vertical stripes on their backs and deeply forked tails. Mackerel is an important food fish that is consumed worldwide. As an oily fish, it is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids
((source : wikipedia)
radish 600 g
1 big mackerel
minced garlic 1 Tsp
minced ginger 1 tsp
Korean red pepper paste 40 g
sesame oil 1 tsp
corn syrup 20 g
leek 1 Tsp
water 90 g
1. Cut the mackerel and radish into chunks.
2. Place one layer of radish at the bottom of the pot.
3. Cover the radish with the mackerel.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and pour into the pot.
5. Bring it to boil, simmer on medium low heat.
6. While it is boiling, I like to use a spoon,basting occasionally with sauce, so that the radish and mackerel will absorb the sauce thoroughly, until done.
7. When it is well cooked, the radish should be very soft and in good taste,mackerel too....