" Gochujang Gam-ja-jo-rim"(Braised potatoes with red pepper paste )/辣酱烩马铃薯/고추장감자조림 Vegetable
Braise the potatoes with Korean red pepper paste is one of my husband favourtie dishes..
The English word potato comes from Spanish patata (the name used in Spain). The Spanish Royal Academy says the Spanish word is a compound of the Taino batata (sweet potato) and the Quechua papa (potato)
Common dishes are: mashed potatoes, which are first boiled (usually peeled), and then mashed with milk or yogurt and butter; whole baked potatoes; boiled or steamed potatoes; French-fried potatoes or chips; cut into cubes and roasted; scalloped, diced, or sliced and fried (home fries); grated into small thin strips and fried (hash browns); grated and formed into dumplings, Rösti or potato pancakes. Unlike many foods, potatoes can also be easily cooked in a microwave oven and still retain nearly all of their nutritional value, provided they are covered in ventilated plastic wrap to prevent moisture from escaping; this method produces a meal very similar to a steamed potato, while retaining the appearance of a conventionally baked potato. Potato chunks also commonly appear as a stew ingredient.
- Potatoes are used to brew alcoholic beverages such as vodka, potcheen, or akvavit.
- They are also used as food for domestic animals.
- Potato starch is used in the food industry as, for example, thickeners and binders of soups and sauces, in the textile industry, as adhesives, and for the manufacturing of papers and boards.
- Maine companies are exploring the possibilities of using waste potatoes to obtain polylactic acid for use in plastic products; other research projects seek ways to use the starch as a base for biodegradable packaging.
- Potato skins, along with honey, are a folk remedy for burns in India. Burn centers in India have experimented with the use of the thin outer skin layer to protect burns while healing.
- Potatoes (mainly Russets) are commonly used in plant research. The consistent parenchyma tissue, the clonal nature of the plant and the low metabolic activity provide a very nice "model tissue" for experimentation. Wound-response studies are often done on potato tuber tissue, as are electron transport experiments. In this respect, potato tuber tissue is similar to Drosophila melanogaster, Caenorhabditis elegans and Escherichia coli: they are all "standard" research organisms.
（ source: wikipedia)
Cut the potatoes into half or four portions...
Lightly pan fry the surfaces of the potatoes...
Simmer it with low heat until the potatoes absorb the sauce thoroughly....
1/2 of the onion
water 120 ml
Korean soy bean sauce 1/2 tsp
Korean red pepper paste 2 Tsp
corn syrup 25 g
5 pieces of dried anchovies
roasted sesame seeds and spring onion
1. Cut the potatoes into half or 4 portions & slice the onion.
2. Heat the fry pan, add in a little oil, lightly pan fry the surfaces of the potatoes, Remove from the fry pan.
3. Pour the water into a cooking pot, place in the potatoes, onion and dried anchovies.
4. When the water is boiling, add in the Korean red pepper paste and corn syrup, stir well.
5. Simmer it with low heat until the potatoes absorb the sauce thoroughly. During this process, please stir it a few times, in order to make sure that the potatoes are coated nicely.
6.Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and spring onion.