Wednesday, October 24, 2012
My baking tray for Baguette Bread.
Baguette, is a long loaf of French bread. It is long and crisp cust.
Baguettes are often sliced and served with cheese. In France, slices of baguette are spread with butter and jam and dunked in bowls of coffee or hot chocolate.
Baguettes are generally made as partially free-form loaves, with the loaf formed with a series of folding and rolling motions, raised in cloth-lined baskets or in rows on a flour-impregnated towel, called a couche, and baked either directly on the hearth of a deck oven or in special perforated pans designed to hold the shape of the baguette while allowing heat through the perforations.
For me, I do use the bread loaf, split it in half to make French Bread Pizza.
(A) bread flour 350g
cake flour 150g
(B) water 330 cc
1. Sift the flour.
2. Mix (A) till well blended.
3. Add (B) and knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Leave it to rise for 90 minutes
5. Punch out the air.
6. Divide the dough into 3 pieces, mould them into balls and let them rest for 30 minutes.
7. Flatten the dough and make them into long stick shape.
8. Leave them to prove for 90-120 minutes.
9. Brush them with water and slash the top with a sharp knife for 3 or 4 times.
10. Preheat the oven for about 20 minutes at 250 degree C and put a baking tray full of water, the purpose is to provide stem in the oven or you may place some small stones in a baking tray ,heat them in the oven at 250 degree C about 20 minutes ,when you are ready to bake the bread, spray some water on the hot stones. This will help to produce stem and it will help the bread become crusty.
11. Bake the bread at 220 degree C for 20 - 30 minutes.
12. Leave to cool before serve.