Monday, October 22, 2012
Cream Cheese Cake/크림치즈케익/奶油芝士蛋糕
( This recipe is from www.christinesrecipes.com/2011/02/japanese-cheesecake.html,thanks)
fresh milk 250 ml
cream cheese 250 g
butter 60 g
cake flour 55 g
corn starch 20 g
cream of tartar 1/4 tsp
sugar 100 g
1. Place the butter and cream cheese under room temperature , till soft.
2. Prepare a waxed paper lined round cake pan.
3. Sift the cake flour for 3 times.
4. Preheat the over over 150 degree C with a tray of water ( water-bath).
5. Heat the fresh milk with low heat, switch off the fire when it starts to boil.
6. Place the fresh milk, butter and cream cheese over double-boiler, till the butter and cream cheese fully melted. Set aside to cool.
7. Whip yolk and add into ( 6 ), add in the cake flour, mix well until well blended.
8. Whip whites by adding the sugar in 3 times, until foamy.
9. Add in cream of tartar, whip until soft peak.
10. Gently fold 1/3 whites into yolk mixture until well mixed.
11. Fold in the rest of the whites.
12. Place the batter into the baking pan. Place on top on water-bath.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. Leave cake in oven with oven switch off and leave the door open ajar to cool for about 10 minutes.
14. Place the cake in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serve.