Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Stir fry spicy squid( O-jing-O Bok-keum)/오징어볶음/辣酱墨鱼
In Korean, we call "squid" as " O-jing-O 오징어" .
one big size of squid
1/2 of carrot
1/2 of onion
1 green onion
roasted sesame seeds
Korean red pepper paste 2 Tsp
red pepper powder 1 Tsp
rice wine 1 Tsp
corn syrup 1 1/2 Tsp
minced garlic 1 Tsp
minced ginger 1 tsp
sesame oil 1 Tsp
1. Remove the ink bag and cartilage of the squid, peel the skin, wash it. Using the tip of a knife, score the inner side of the body diagonally in a diamond pattern.
2. Cut it into 1 1/2 by 2 inch rectangles.
3. Slice the carrot, onion and green onion.
4. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce well.
5. In a hot pan, add a little bit of oil, fry the carrot,onion first, when it becomes soft, add in the squid,green onion and the sauce. Stir it well ( Please don't fry the squid for too long time, the squid should be soft and not hard to bite)
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds before serve.