Monday, October 15, 2012
In Korea, autumn is the harvest season for chestnuts.
Fresh chestnut fruits have about 180 calories per 100 grams of edible fruits, which is much lower than walnuts, almonds and other nuts. Chestnuts contain no cholesterol and contain very little fat, mostly unsaturated and no gluten.
Chestnuts have twice as much starch as the potato. They are the only " nuts" that contain Vitamin C.
每一100g 的栗子含有 180 的卡路里，这比核桃，杏仁或其他的果仁来的低。 栗子也不含胆固醇 和脂肪。
(A) bread flour 450g
yeast 2 tsp
salt 1 tsp
(B) water or milk 200ml
(C) butter 30g ( for me I use grape seeds oil )
(D) sliced almonds 120g
chestnuts 600g ( cut it into small cube form)
sugar 6 Tsp
water 6 Tsp
( Boil the sweet potatoes together with the sugar and water with medium heat. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and braise by occasionally spooning the sauce over the sweet potatoes ,continue cooking until the sweet potatoes have absorbed the sauce and are flavorful) ,remove from heat and set aside.
1. Mix all the ingredients for filling, except butter. Set aside.
2. Mix (A) till well blended.
3. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
4. Add (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth. Let it prove for 50 to 60 min or till it doubles in size.
6. Punch out the air.
7. Divide the dough into 2 potions and let it rest for 15 min.
8. Flatten and roll out the dough into a long rectangle respectively, about 21cm x 32cm.
9. Brush the melted butter over the dough, leaving about 0.75cm around the edges clear.
10. Divide "the filling" into 2 potions. Sprinkle " the filling" on the surface of the dough, leaving about 0.75cm around the edges clear . Roll it up respectively and trim the edges.
11. Cut the rolled dough, about 4cm each. Place the dough on the baking cup .spread the sliced almonds on top of the surface and rest for another 30 min.
12. Preheat the oven for 5 min.
13. Bake for 15-20 min at 180 degree C or till it turns golden brown colour.
14. Remove from the oven.