Today, I braised it with red pepper sauce and tomato sauce......
Dip fry the tofu until crispy...
Simmer until the tofu absorb the sauce and is coated nicely...
tofu / bean curd 200g
Korean red pepper paste 2 Tsp
tomato sauce 1 Tsp
corn syrup 2 Tsp
water 7 Tsp
minced garlic 1/2 Tsp
sesame oil 1/2 Tsp
roasted sesame seeds 1/2 Tsp
roasted peanut 1 tsp ( optional )
corn starch ( for coating use )
1. Cut tofu / bean curd into 1/2 inch cubes .
2. In a bowl, mix the red pepper sauce,tomato sauce,water,garlic,sesame oil well, set aside.
3. Pat dry the tofu / bean curd.
4. Put the tofu /bean curd and corn starch in a plastic bag, shake it up and down, this is the easy way to coat the tofu / bean curd with corn starch.
5. Dip fry the tofu / bean curd till crispy, remove from the fry pan.
6. Pour the sauces from (2) in a fry pan, when it starts boiling, place in the tofu. Bring to boil and simmer with low heat until the tofu / bean curd absorb the sauce and is coated nicely.
7. Sprinkle the roasted peanut and sesame seeds on the top before serve.