Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Red bean bread/단팥빵/红豆沙面包
(A) bread flour 500g
yeast 2 tsp
milk powder 2 Tsp
salt 1 tsp
(B) eggs 2
milk 210 ml
(C) butter 30g
(D) egg for egg wash 1
(F) Fillings :
red bean paste, 30g for each bread
1. Mix (A) till well blended.
2. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
3. Add (C) continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover dough with damp cloth. Let it proves for 50 to 60 minutes or till it double in size.
5. Punch out the air.
6. Divide the dough into 50g each and mould them into balls. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
7. Wrap the fillings with round pastry knead into ball shape. Press and flatten it.
8. Cut the edge of the round pastry with a knife to form petals.
9. Pinch the petal and turn to let Fillings face up. Repeat the step for all petals.
10. Brush with egg wash then bake at 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden brown colour.
11. Leave to cool before serve.