Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Clam & Radish Soup/ 조개 무국/蛤蜊 萝卜汤
Radish is one of the favourite vegetables for Korean. We use it for making kimchi, boiling soup ,etc. Today, I am going to introduce a simple radish soup, cook it with the clams.
白萝卜是韩国人最喜爱的蔬菜之一。 韩国人用它来做泡菜，熬汤等。 今天，我要向大家介绍一道简单的蛤蜊萝卜汤。
dried anchovy 15 pieces
kelp one piece, about 5cm x 6cm
1/4 of the onion
water 800 ml
salt , to taste
chopped spring onion
1. Soak the clams in a big bowl, for 30 minutes, the purpose is to remove the soil or sand in the clams.
2. Wash the clams and set aside.
3. Cut the radish into 3cm cubes, 0.5cm thick.
4. To prepare the broth, pour the water in a cooking pot, add in the dried anchovy, kelp and the onion. boil it for 20 minutes with medium heat.
5. After 20 minutes, remove the dried anchovy,kelp and onion from the broth.
6. Add in the radish, keep on boiling until the radish becomes soft.
7. Add in the clams and cook till well done. While the soup is boiling, add in salt, it depends on your taste.
8. Pour the soup into a soup bowl, sprinkle spring onions and dust with pepper. Serve hot.