Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Sweet Potatoes Roll/ 고구마빵/蕃薯卷
Sweet Potatoes are large,starchy, sweet-tasting. Besides simple starches, sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, beta carotene ( a vitamin A equivalent nutrient), vitamin C and vitamin B6.
The flesh range from beige through white, red, pink, violet, yellow, orange and purple. Sweet potatoes varieties with white or pale yellow flesh are less sweet and moist than those with red, pink or orange flesh.
Pink, yellow and green varieties are high in carotene, the precursor of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes varieties with dark orange flesh have more carotene than those with light-colour flesh.
In certain parts of the world, sweet potatoes are locally known as camote, kamote, goguma, man thet, ubi jalar, ubi keladi, shakarkand, satsuma imo, batata or el boniato. In New Zealand English, the Māori term kūmara is commonly used.
(A) bread flour 450g
yeast 2 tsp
salt 1 tsp
(B) water or milk 200ml
(C) butter 30g ( for me I use grape seeds oil )
sweet potatoes 600g ( cut it into small cube form)
sugar 6 Tsp
water 6 Tsp
( Boil the sweet potatoes together with the sugar and water with medium heat. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and braise by occasionally spooning the sauce over the sweet potatoes ,continue cooking until the sweet potatoes have absorbed the sauce and are flavorful) ,remove from heat and set aside.
1. Mix all the ingredients for filling, except butter. Set aside.
2. Mix (A) till well blended.
3. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
4. Add (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth. Let it prove for 50 to 60 min or till it doubles in size.
6. Punch out the air.
7. Divide the dough into 2 potions and let it rest for 15 min.
8. Flatten and roll out the dough into a long rectangle respectively, about 21cm x 32cm.
9. Brush the melted butter over the dough, leaving about 0.75cm around the edges clear.
10. Divide "the filling" into 2 potions. Sprinkle " the filling" on the surface of the dough, leaving about 0.75cm around the edges clear . Roll it up respectively and trim the edges.
11. Cut the rolled dough, about 4cm each. Place the dough on the baking cup and rest for another 30 min.
12. Preheat the oven for 5 min.
13. Bake for 15-20 min at 180 degree C or till it turns golden brown colour.
14. Remove from the oven.