Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Custard cream tart with nectarines
Peaches and nectarines are closely related even though they are regarded commercially as different fruits. Nectarines belong to the same species as peaches, nectarines have smooth skin while peaches have fuzzy skin.
In Korea, peaches have been cultivated from ancient times. Peach is seen as the fruit of happiness, riches, honours and longevity. Peaches and peach trees are believed to chase away spirits , so peaches are not placed on tables for " Jesa" (제사 ,ancestor veneration) in Korea.
I baked this tart,spread the custard cream and garnish with nectarines...
烘焙了这塔，配上 custard cream 和 天桃。。。。
For the pastry:
plain flour 70g
milk powder 1 Tsp
sugar powder 30g
almond powder 50g
For custard cream:
5 egg yolk
corn starch 10g
plain flour 40g
rum 1 Tsp ( optional)
Method for making the pastry:
1. Sift the flour,milk powder in a mixing bowl and add the diced butter. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add egg, sugar powder, almond powder, until the pastry comes together.
3. Make the dough, knead into ball shape, cover and rest it in the fridge for 1 hour before rolling out.
4. Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour. Flatten the dough gently, then sprinkle the top with flour too. Roll from center to edge, in all directions.
5. Roll the dough to 4mm thickness and place it in a round baking pan, make sure the pastry goes right to the edge of the pan.
6. Prick the bottom of the pastry before baking it.
7. Pre -heat the oven at 180 degree C.
8. Bake the pastry until lightly golden. Once baked, leave the pastry to cool on wire rack.
Method for making the custard cream:
1. Mix the sugar, egg yolk, flour, corn starch , milk and rum well.
2. Sift (1) before boiling it, then, the cream will be very soft. Continue to whisk, whisking thoroughly, continue to whisk on a low heat.
3. Chill it in the fridge.
**Before serving, spread one layer of custard cream across the baked tart and garnish with sliced nectarines.